Best Practices of the college
Best Practice I: TITLE: POLLUTION FREE CAMPUS
- To make the college campus free from the pollution
- To inform and aware the people about the importance of pollution.
- To plant tree around the college campus area.
Today in the 21st century, the major problem is facing by our country is pollution. The college has taken initiative to free the college campus from the pollution. The college started “No Vehicle Day” to reduce the pollution and also the college has given information about the pollution to the people.
The college has been taken initiative to make pollution free campus from the year 2016-17. The college started “No Vehicle Day” to reduce the air pollution and noise pollution. The college also prohibited mobile ban in the college campus. The college also invited guest to give lecture on pollution. For F.Y.B.A, university has started Environmental Studies to aware the students to conserve of environment. The college has also kept dustbins at different places. The separate store room is created to keep all the deadstock material of the college. The college planted trees around the campus are to reduce pollution. The college also organises Fire Crackerless campaign in the city. The mobile are also kept on silent mode in the college campus. The wastages are not burnts and it is composed in the earth. The roof water harvesting is connected to the two well.
5)EVIDENCE OF SUCCESS:
- Because of “ No Vehicle Day” the pollution is reduced in the campus.
- Because of the plantation of the trees around the campus, the students get free fresh air.
- The campus area is clean and healthy.
- The students kept mobile on silent mode.
- The slogans are pasted on the walls of the college.
Initially there was a problem to start “NO VEHICLE DAY” but after its regular activities, the students following it
BEST PRACTICE II: TITLE: IMBIBE RESEARCH CULTURE IN THE CAMPUS
1. To inculcate research culture among the teachers and students
2. To get more projects from the different funding agencies.
3. To maintain the data of the college activities through the magazine.
3) The Context:
In the higher education, research has got the prime significance in the policy of Govt. of India. The college has taken initiative in this direction to imbibe the research culture among the teachers and students. The college has created a platform for research talents among the students. The college organizes academic and other activities regularly. To publicize these activities, the college has started its own news i.e Aksharyatra and Pankaj magazine and the college organizes seminar and conference every year.
4) The Practice: The college has Aksharyatra for students since the beginning of the college. Students write their own poetry and it is pasted in the Aksharyatra. The college also publishes Pankaj Magazine every year. There is an Editorial Board for the magazine, which works under the chairmanship of the Principal. The Editorial Board incorporates the experts from various areas. The students are encouraged to write poems and other articles. The teachers are also encouraged to write research articles in reputed journals. More than 90 percent teachers are doing Ph.D in their own subject and the teachers are also motivated to apply for research projects.
5) Evidence of Success: It is noticed that due to the Aksharyatra and Pankaj Magazine the research culture among the students is boosted. The VCRMS projects are undertaken by the faculties is increased considerably. Two of our faculty is awarded Ph.d degree and two of our faculty submitted their thesis. Teachers published 38 research papers in reputed journals during the academic year 2017-18. During the last five years, the faculty members of the college have undertaken 06 VCRMS research projects with the total outlay of Rs. 2.39 lac. The number of research articles presented in the national/ international seminars/conferences has been increased. The teachers are also participated in Avishkar Research Competition.
6) Problems Encountered and Resources Required: In the initial stage of the publication of the journal, there was no adequate number of research articles for publication. But due to the consistency in publication, there is good response from the researchers.
The resources required for the publications are availability of the research articles, the Peers, finance, and human resources.